How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my husband and I have been seperated for more than a year,

Customer Question

if my husband and I have been seperated for more than a year, do we still have to wait 60 days after filing to get a divorce?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for asking Just Answer:


There is a 60 day "cooling off" period that is mandatory after you file a complaint for a no-fault divorce. There is no way to get out of this 60 day period. Here is a great how to that will allow you to do this yourself: