FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

CAN YOU SUE FAMILY COURT FOR WRONG DECISION MAKING

CAN YOU SUE FAMILY COURT FOR WRONG DECISION MAKING?

Was the decision made by a Judge? Why was it wrong?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I STARTED A CASE FOR RELOCATION IN 06, I GOT MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND IN 06 WHO IS A SGT IN THE MARINE CORPS. WE HAVE 1 CHILD IN COMMON AND I HAVE 2 OTHER CHILDREN, THE FATHER OF MY OTHER CHILD DID NOT APPROVE OF THE RELOCATION. MY HUSBAND PROVIDED HEALTH INSURANCE FOR HIS STEP CHILDREN, AS WELL AS A 3BR 2B HOUSE ON BASE IN CALIFORNIA, WE PROVIDED PICTURES, LEASE, AS PROOF, AS WELL AS TRAVEL FOR THE KIDS PAID IN FULL MY US SO THE FATHER DIDNT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. IN 08 THE REFEREE MADE A DECISION THAT I COULDNT RELOCATE BECAUSE I DIDNT PROVIDE ENOUGH EVIDENCE OF BETTER LIVING IN CALIFORNIA WITH MY KIDS, HOWEVER SHE DISREGARED THE FACT THAT IN NY WHERE I CURRENTLY LIVE, IM IN A 2BR APARTMENT LIVING WITH MY KIDS, MOM, AND 5 BROTHERS. IN MARCH OR SO OF 09 A LAYWER CONTACTS ME AND SENDS ME A PACKAGE ABOUT THE WHOLE ENTIRE CASE BUT SUMMARIZED AND TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO REVERSE THE DECISION BECAUSE OF WRONG DECISION MAKING BY THE REFERRE IN 08. THATS WHY I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN SUE BECAUSE BASICALLY I LOST ALL THESE YEARS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO HAVE A FAMILY ALONG WITH MY HUSBAND.

No, you are not able to sue the court because of the decision that was made. While I understand your situation, an appeal and reversal, is your likely remedy. Often times, the court does make the wrong decision or wrong interpretation of the law. This is the reason for the appeal process, so it can be corrected.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME