How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live with my mom who has alzhiemers. I have lived with her

This answer was rated:

I live with my mom who has alzhiemers. I have lived with her for 2 years and 4 mos. Recently my fiancees daughter was killed in an accident. They say she was a meth cook. Well someone put on the internet that I was also smoking meth in my mothers house not true. Anyways my brother and sister came and took my mother who is her own guardian to their house and told me to get out. Can the legally do this?

Good morning,


I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.


The house belongs to your mother, not to your brother ans sister. Your mother can ask you to leave but they can not.


Because you are considered a tenant in your mother's house, regardless of whether you pay any rent or not, if you do not leave voluntarily, she will have to file eviction proceedings against you in court--the same way she would if she had rented the house to a stranger.


You don't have to leave based on the say so of your brother and sister.


I wish you well.



Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.


Best regards,




LawTalk and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions