Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can I add addition information to at Personal protection o

Customer Question
rder?...
Can I add addition information to at Personal protection o rder?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2009
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Was the order granted after a trial?
Yes the order for the protection order against me was granted
Now I'm confused. Did you ask for this order or was the order issued against you?

Does this involve mutual restraining orders?
Im sorry I am so stressed I got a PPO against my exboyfriend the father of my child. which was granted but I am scared because I listed in the PPO all the past times he has physically abused me but I didnt list the times he has picked our son up drunk and and past out and left our son unsupervised I am so scared he is going to pick him up drunk and put him in danger and also i didnt check the box that his safety is in danger. what can I do?
You can file a motion to modify the restraining order so it includes your son as a protected party. Or you can file a motion in the custody case to modify the joint custody to sole custody to you based on his endangering the child.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
I am going to file a motion but what happens I have no proof beside my word and asking my boss to leave ealrly one day because he was drunk passed out at home.I am going to get a lawyer but I worry in the mean time. I dont know how this stuff works do you think they will do it based on hearsay?
Has there ever been a police report made about him being drunk? If a police officer observed that he was drunk, that is not hearsay.

Your testimony that he was drunk and passed out and the child was unsupervised is not hearsay. If a daycare worker can testify that he appeared drunk when he picked up the child, that would also not be hearsay.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney