How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child is 20 years old. His father has not paid court ordered

Resolved Question:

My child is 20 years old. His father has not paid court ordered child since our divorce in 2001. How long do I have to seek this money as my son is now looking at law school and might benefit from the money owed.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for asking Just Answer:

There is no statute of limitations on this court ordered child support. You could file a Notice for the father to Show Cause why he should not be held in contempt. You can do this on your own with legal help. I would also suggest that you speak with your local child support enforcement agency. They can help you with the documents that need to be filed and your options for collection.


Please click Accept so that I receive credit for my response.


Here is the link to child support enforcement for Alabama:



John Domestic and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you