How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child Support overpayment-credit toward future obligation. I

Customer Question

Child Support overpayment-credit toward future obligation.

I have paid over that the original CS order in the original case in TN and in the domesticated case in FL. She has moved back to TN with my child. Will I be able to bring forward overpayment from original case, and case in FL to new or modified case in TN?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can, if you can show that the overpayment was based on court-ordered miscalculation or error. Otherwise if you paid more than is required, it would not count towards future payments but the mistake will be rectified in the system, as it would be deemed a voluntary overpayment and support for the child.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.