How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am inquiring for my 28 year old niece who holds duel citizenship

This answer was rated:

I am inquiring for my 28 year old niece who holds duel citizenship in the US and Israel. About 5 years ago, she lived with her boyfriend who only had a Israel citizenship. In order for him to get a job in Florida, they got married in a civil service in Boca Raton. They are no longer together and both live in Israel. She no longer has any association with him. She has asked me to inquire about getting a uncontested divorce. Thanks
Since they both now reside in Israel, that is where they will have to get divorced. Florida law will not control even though that is where they were married. It is your place of residence. Here she needs to contact a local attorney in Israel.
lwpat and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you