How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my divorce is filed in the state of new jersey, husband is

Resolved Question:

my divorce is filed in the state of new jersey, husband is holding all assets in his posetion, left me with nothing. how can i reliease some money for my self to live on. and dont know how long this wholl process will go on. please sugest what to do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
I suggest you file for alimony pendente lite, which is spousal support provided to you while you are not yet divorced but are going through the process of divorce and legal separation. If you can show that you do not have assets, the judge can compel your husband to begin paying you the funds or risk contempt of court charges.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you