How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This Question is for Mary Meaden . Theresas Lawyer has been

Resolved Question:

This Question is for "Mary Meaden".
Theresa's Lawyer has been a serious block in communication between my wife and myself. I met my wife today and although we agreed that the divorce was still inevitable, many of my requests have been done. The access to my belongings issue and inventory of those belongings in storage were actually taken care of before our last court date. Her lawyer did not tell me this.
There have been numerous problems and unprofessional actions (in my opinion) by her lawyer over the past few months. She arranged for her to be present at the exchange of my property to over see the peaceful process and then left, leaving a total mess in her wake. Resulting in my belongings being put in storage in the first place.
She constantly refers to Theresa as "Terry Ireland" a name that my wife may change to after our divorce, but to me is very irrating. I do not like her demeanor or professionalism!
Question is there someone I can complain to about her antics?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

Hello Again. The place to lodge a complaint for obstructionist behavior of the attorney is with the California Bar.

Please make sure, though, that you are 100% certain that Theresa might not be just looking to come up with excuses to you for all of this nasty behavior and she maybe blaming her lawyer for it so she doesn't look like a jerk to you.

Let me know what happens -- GOOD LUCK

Legalease and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you