Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife has Bipolar Disorder and went into a manic phase that

Customer Question
resulted in her getting physical...
My wife has Bipolar Disorder and went into a manic phase that resulted in her getting physical with me. I did not respond, just took it. THen she went into the hospital. I have a federal government job on an Army post and am in my last year of seminary with intent of pastoring a church. With my wife's Bipolar Disorder and violence toward me what are my chances of getting full custody?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/1/2009
Family Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Your wife's mental stability will be a significant factor in a custody battle if its not controlled as indicated by the violent outburst. You will have to be able to document her bipolar and violent issues because bipolar alone will not prevent her from having joint custody with you or seek sole custody. People can suffer from bipolar and when controlled with medication and behavior techniques, be able t function without episodes or anger. However it appear your wife is not one of the people who are stabilized. I suggest you get as much proof as possible and start reporting anything else that does happen to you.
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer