How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42869
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we file for custody for child thats been with us for almost

Resolved Question:

we file for custody for child that's been with us for almost 6 months,but still were paying child support,how can we stop the child support? and how can we expedite the process or how can we ask for a hearing right away
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Write the judge wher supprot orders here are and ask fo expedited hearing.Explain your situation.You have the facts and the need for a faster expedited setting here.Make sure you expalin very carefully that expedited hearing is necessary immediately.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
financial support was process in our county,and told us that we will keep sending financial support until they will send us a ;letter to stop,custody is filed in other party's county and that the one who told us to wait for custody hearing until they gave us schedule
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
You can ask where custody hearing is set here for an expedited hearing because of your circumstances. Als you may well get offset for what you have paid here by the judge ot even this out.You may get refund or other compensation since you have had the child.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can we send the letter by fax to the judge including the proof that the child is already living with us bec the letter he send us indicated that i need to undergo a seminar for parents,and to complete the child support ez form,of w/c i dont think i need to fill it up since i have the order already
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can fax it to the clerk of the court here for filing under your case number.This will save time here..
RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you