How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband makes $80,000 a year gross. I make $35,000 a year

Resolved Question:

My husband makes $80,000 a year gross. I make $35,000 a year gross. Neither one of us owns our apartments (we both rent). How much child support should I be receiving? He spents one evening a week and most weekends with her.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
What are your net incomes (after taxes etc.)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In 2008 it was $34,000
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
How about your spouse's net income ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have no idea - he gets the deduction for her and he's a school teacher in NJ who has a PhD. He would probably pay at least 10% of his salary - so maybe $70,000?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

Child support should be roughly between $130-$150/week. It will depend on other expenses e.g. medical. othe children each party pay for the child, and how many overnights non custodial parent has.


If you found this answer informational please press the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.


All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Jack R. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions