How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter turned 18 in August and I have a son who is 16

This answer was rated:

My daughter turned 18 in August and I have a son who is 16 they are still taking out them same amount as before my daughter's 18th birthday. She is in college. I am just wondering if there are any state laws in Pennsylvania that say I still need to pay child support even though she is 18.

Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.
By reading further, you understand and agree to all that is written above.



Pursuant to Pennsylvania Code Rule 1910.19(e), the state should notify the paying parent and the receiving parent of the possibility of termination of child support requirements by the court absent special needs.

However, the paying parent may petition the court to terminate child support on his own, as was the previous procedure in Pennsylvania. Explanatory Comment 2002 actually explains that Rule 1910.19(e) was created due to the fact that many paying parents were unaware that they needed to petition to terminate child support, thus causing orders to stay in place longer than they should have.

Rule 1910.19

If you need additional clarification, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and please remember to leave Positive Feedback. Doing so ensures I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services:

AttorneyTom and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you