How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 16 year old son that has been going to visitations

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old son that has been going to visitations with his dad for 12 years. And all these years i have been doing all the runing around by taking him back and forth from his dads house. And know it is an issue because my son cant work on weekends and he cant finish his confermation classes on sundays because they dont like to drive 15 miles to take him. Also he is in football in high school and he has games on thursdays and he wont let him go to his games every other thursday because of transportation. So im am so upset about it and i told him that he needed to go by the rules of the paper work. But he is refusing to do so. So my question is there anything that i can do to pervent that from happening? Or can he do that? And also my son wants to continue to see his dad but he doesnt want to go by the rules. Is there anyway my son can make up his on time by going when ever he wants or does he still have to go by the rules?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.

If both parents unofficially agree to a modification, and neither report it, it would be considered fine until the first breach--the courts just want to make sure both parents get proper time with the children.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.

Related Family Law Questions