How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do to reduce my spousal support

Resolved Question:

What can I do to reduce my spousal support?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.
You have to go back to the court that awarded the spousal support originally and file a motion to decrease the amount of the spousal support. Typically the court will not reduce the spousal support unless the paying party can show a significant decrease in income. GOOD LUCK. Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time..THANK YOU!

Edited by MaryMeadenEsq on 10/2/2009 at 8:12 AM EST
Legalease and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions