Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
18539850

my 1st grandbaby has been taken by CPS because my daughter

Customer Question

my 1st grandbaby has been taken by CPS because my daughter is dirty I here I am wanting toget baby how can i do that the baby is 2 days old
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 8 years ago.

Hopefully CPS is aware of your existence. You should make sure CPS has your name, address and social security. With this information, they can check into your history and do a home study to determine if you and your house are appropriate for the child.

CPS is supposed to make every reasonable effort to find a biological relative in the area for the child's placement. Assuming you are deemed appropriate, there is certainly a reasonable expectation that the child would be placed in your care.

I hope my information proved helpful. If so, please click the green ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my efforts. Your question will not close and you will be permitted to follow up, if necessary. Positive feedback and bonuses are not required but greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

HOW DO I CONTACT CPS TO make sure i am regestered with them

Expert:  Joseph replied 8 years ago.

They should be listed in your local phone directory. Additionally, your daughter is surely in contact with them and was given names and numbers related to people working on her case. As such, she can certainly make them aware on your behalf and/or provide the contact information to you.