How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance wants to move from big spring, tx to houston, tx

This answer was rated:

My fiance wants to move from big spring, tx to houston, tx with me and is worried about a judge ruling in her favor to be able to bring her 7 and 10 year old daughters. She currently has custody of the kids and agreed not to receive any child support from the exhusband in the divorce, and he still gets to see the kids. The ex is telling her she isn't going anywhere with the kids. What does she need to do?

Thanks for asking Just Answer:


If your fiance's custody order does not include any restrictions on what particular geographic area that she may move with the children then she is still required to give her ex 60 days notice of her intent to move the children, and if her ex wants to try to stop her from moving, he will likely file for a temporary restraining order preventing her from moving until a hearing can be held. At the time of the hearing, it will be her burden to show the court some compelling reasons why she needs to move. Some compelling reasons the court may consider would be that her job is moving her and she can't find comparable work locally, or that her family resides elsewhere and she needs their help and support with the children. If the court suspects that she are moving away to interfere with the children's relationship with the other parent, she will lose for sure.


Beware that the court may not like the fact that you guys are moving together and you are not married.


Please click Accept so that I receive credit for helping you.

John Domestic and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are getting married within the next month and will have been married 2 months before moving in with the kids
Great! That is actually a positive now! Stable loving home, Great!

Related Family Law Questions