How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife reconnected with her ex-husband via the internet early

Resolved Question:

My wife reconnected with her ex-husband via the internet early this year. Once I discovered what I was going she decided that our marriage is more important than reconnecting with her ex. However, when she told him goodbye it has only fueled his desired to continue the relationship. I will add that they have never reconnected directly only via the internet and he lives 1500 miles away. However, my concern is the fact that he continues to try to reconnect via facebook and leave trac-phone messages. We have also had to change our home and cell numbers as well as email addresses.
Is there a legal recourse when this person will be required to stop trying to track down my wife?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



if you are being harassed after he has been told to cease all contact then you can seek a protective order. however, you would need to report his continued efforts to the police and file a report. you will need to show proof that he have been put on notice and that he has received such notice - that means that a letter would need to be mailed certified with a return receipt requested wherein your wife advises him he is put on notice to have no further contact and to do so could result in charges of harassment against him and a possible criminal protective order. she needs to, of course, keep a copy of the letter and then when the receipt of delivery is received by the post office, if he continues she can report it to the police and follow through from there.




Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you