How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been married for 6 months. They married and

This answer was rated:

My daughter has been married for 6 months. They married and then he shipped to Iraq. He has since said that he wants a divorce. They have a joint account but he has an account that his salary goes into that only has his name on it. They have not purchased any property. He gave her 600 dollars a month to live on but is now going to cut her off. They live and were married in Texas. Can my daughter get additional money from the salary he has gotten and put some in savings?

Texas is a community property state. As such your daughter is entitled to 1/2 the assets including any "account" in the husband's name after divorce. If your daughter is not receiving support now she can file a petition for spousal support. You may wish to check with the military as they may have their own policies on spousal support.


If you found this answer informational please press the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.


All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.

Jack R. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you