How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Your Own Question
DCrane, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Experienced practitioner.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DCrane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I really want to get a divorce. My husband is emotionally ab

Customer Question

I really want to get a divorce. My husband is emotionally abusive and financially irresponsible. In the last eight months, I have only recieved $2,000 from him and he works six days a week. I have lost one house because he didn't bother to pay and now my credit is bad. We have two trucks that's in my name and he will not give me the keys and both trucks are in my name. I called the police and I was told there's nothing they could do. I don't have anyone I can move in with and I am unable to get an apartment because my credit is bad. We have one son that he never spends time with and I am constanlty begging him to spend time with him. Is there anyway I can get him out the house?????

I live in Fort XXXXX, XXXXXland and I can be reached on xxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.
the only way to get him out is to file for divorce in this situation. This is because there is no physical abuse, and it really just boils down to what could be considerd a bad marriage.
DCrane and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I file when we still live together? I was told that I have to be sperated in order to get a divorce and hw won't leave the house.