How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40992
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It seems as though the court system only advocates fathers

Resolved Question:

It seems as though the court system only advocates fathers support in a childs life when it comes to child support. My brother pays his support and has been willing to attend mediation, but the mother of the child is being extremely difficult. His daughter is 14mths and the mother will only allow 13 hours of visitation every 2weeks. The mother knows alot of people in the district their case is involved in including the guardian at liem and his lawyers say there is nothing more that can be done except to agree to what she wants or nothing but wait till trial(which won't be for atleast another year. Something sounds fishy! Should he be looking for another lawyer? Can anything else be done to help increase visitation?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.this is tough with a small child here. You may try for a new lawyer and change of direction.I can tell you that a trial in a year overall would give him a much better chance at more visits. But certainly this is not headed in the right direction so a lawyer change might be something to consider.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Are there any good lawyers you can recommend that would advocate for my brother(anderson, sc). The current lawyers just seem to not care and not advocate. I honestly believe that that foul play is involved. My brother has given them video and taped conversations with the mother clearly lying about what was said in court, but just as soon as that happened we are sure she got word b/c she discontinued all communication with my brother when she found out he was taping their conversations.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Please call here.This is the state bar lawyer referral. They will find you local lawyer that is qualified to help you.

South Carolina Bar LRS
Columbia, SC

Toll free:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Counties Served: Statewide

RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you