How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the chances of a NCP who has had little to no contact

Customer Question

What are the chances of a NCP who has had little to no contact over almost 6 years and lives across the country to get custody of special needs son from mother who works in adult entertainment and is being treated for Depression ( plans on using that against me in court)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
There is no way to predict anything like this. You will have to show that it is in the best interests of the child. How you plan of doing that is something that you and your attorney need to work on and you may need a private investigator. I do predict that your chances are near zero without a very good attorney. Best interests cover the entire range of a child's life from school, religion, home, and financial.
lwpat and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay I am confused, or maybe I confused you, I am the custodial parent. my child is 5 I was vague because I am not sure if this is posted publicly or not. was never married to father he now is threatening custody due to me having issues with depression and being an adult entertainer. So You are saying I may lose my daughter?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
There is always that chance. Here he is at a disadvantage because of the contacts the child already has with your home state. You will have to show that you are the best one to continue to have custody. Here you need witnesses that can testify about your child and why he should remain with you. Live witnesses are your best evidence.