How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The state is sending me payment coupons for child support but

This answer was rated:

The state is sending me payment coupons for child support but my child support payments have been garnished from my check from the start. I have contacted the state of florida and the courts who have provided no explination. They have however told me that i owe back child support that i am being charged interest on this is not true i have never missed a payment and my ex wife to whom i pay is trying to help me straighten this out but we do not know were to start we are not on bad terms at all and she will vouch that she has always been paid on time and that i have never missed a payment
There are two ways to resolve the problem. You exwife can supply an affidavit to the Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Program attesting to the fact that there are no arrears. If this does not work, then you will have to file a modification of support petition in court to obtain a court order terminating any additional amount they say you owe.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you