How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my daughter is 17 years old and wants to stop going to her

This answer was rated:

If my daughter is 17 years old and wants to stop going to her fathers house (we have joint costody, I have phsyical costody), can he force her to go? (in Kansas)
Since there is a visitation order in place, he can force her to go or you can be held in contempt of court. To stop this you can petition the court to modify the visitation to not require her to go is she does not wish to go and since she is 17 if she will tell the judge she does not want to go to visit the judge will 99% of the time grant your request to modify the visitation order.
legaleagle and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you