How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 16 years old. He got caught out in St. Louis County,

Resolved Question:

My son is 16 years old. He got caught out in St. Louis County, MO after curfew (at 1:15a.m.)by the police. There were no alcohol or drugs involved and he was alone at the time, he was upset about school and breaking up with his girlfriend. The piece of paper, or F-11 form he was given by the officer says we have to appear in St. Louis County Family Court. This is his first offense and I do not know what to expect. Why does he have to appear in court? Will we be fined or what can we expect? Also, I don't know if this will count as points against his license. On the form, Admission of Guilt is marked Yes and Referred to Court is marked Yes. What should we do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 8 years ago.

Good Afternoon,


Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, I will be glad to help you with your question


Q. Did your so say anything to the police?


Q. Did the police say anything to your son?


Q. Who check off "Admission of Guilt" and "Referred to Court" ?



Member, NY & PA Bar


Customer: replied 8 years ago.

1. My son doesn't remember what he said other than he left our house and he told them that we were looking for him.


2. He doesn't remember much about what they said.


3. My son said the police filled out the form for him.



Expert:  ANDREA, replied 8 years ago.

Call the Family Court, give the Number on the Form, tell them your son is pleading Not Guilty and ask for a Court hearing date.


The penalty is in the discretion of the Judge and the judge realizes the penalty is is very high; On the books, the law states that the penalty rangesfrom a fine of between $100 and $500 and 90 days in jail to performing 40 hours of community service.


In the cases I researched for you a first time offender breaking curfew has gotten a strong reprimand and ordered to perform between 20 and 40 Hours of community service in some cases, the Judge extended the time that the minor remained with a restricted license.


Take with you to Court: Bring letters from his teachers, any athletic coaches, etc. attesting to his upstanding character. He should be fine!


I hope this has answered your question. If you have further questions, or other questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me. You can do so by putting my name at the beginning of your question.



Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my work.

Making a deposit does not constitute an acceptance of my answer; unless you press the ACCEPT button.



Leaving positive feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciate




Thank you and Good Luck!



Member, NY & PA Bar






ANDREA, and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you