How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34960
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter lives in Connecticut, she is pregnant and lives

Resolved Question:

My daughter lives in Connecticut, she is pregnant and lives with a controlling boyfriend. She wants to leave and move to another state. What legal issues could she be facing if she does?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

She is free to move if she likes. If the chid is his and he applies for custody, she will need to address this at the time...but there is no law that prevents her from moving out of state

P. Simmons and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you