How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42886
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is evicting me from the condo we lived in for 6

Resolved Question:

My husband is evicting me from the condo we lived in for 6 years(actually his father because the condo is in his fathers name)I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years of our two children my husband left in May of 08..we had a custody agreement I had primary custody of boys...I was hospitilized this past April and he gained custody of boys.Now his father is evicting me I receive no more support and am unemployed as I was a stay at home mom.I am looking for work however I fear I will be without a place to live!! I have no income.We have a custody hearing on sept 15th but the eviction hearing comes first on the 10th.My father in law states he is evicting me because he cannot afford mortage in the amount of $4000.00 per month but my husband stated in court he intends on moving in with boys(ages 4 and 7) but has only offered me $200.00 per month .We were together 7 years but only married 2. Is this possible that I will be thrown"into the streets?.I feel as if I have no rights .
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You are a month to month tenant here.You are entitled to thirty days written notice and a hearing on the eviction.You can go here and contest notice, etc.But he can try and evict you in this matter.

If you are married here you should file for divorce and seek your custody and other rights here.You can certainly contest custody here.But the father here since he is the owner can evict you as the house does not belong to either one of you and there is no lease.I am sorry and I wish that I could tell you otherwise.
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you