How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help! I dont feel my Attorney is looking out for my

Customer Question

I need help! I dont feel my Attorney is looking out for my best interest in my divorce case! What should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.


If your attorney is not looking out for your best interest, you need another attorney who you feel comfortable with. Once the divorce is final, it is very difficult to get the order changed. Property division awards in most circumstances cannot be changed at all. Therefore, it is imperative that you find an attorney you are comfortable with.


Something to consider is what you will have to pay your current attorney. You should look to your fee agreement and determine what fees will be due if you terminate his/her services. Then start calling other attorneys.



Related Family Law Questions