How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband in PA has sued me for divorce although he is the

Resolved Question:

My husband in PA has sued me for divorce although he is the one that IM'd lonely, single women. I have the email he sent a woman and wanted to know where they could meet. He signed it hugs and kisses. I have several other's as well. We were married three years. He bought a house for college kids and makes 1,800 profit from that as well as 2,000 Social Security/Railroad disability (plays golf everyday!). I sold my mobile home and took out my 401K and retired early to marry him. The money paid my until I could collect early retirement six months later. I now have no home (living with my children in NC). I pay for my car, but the title is in his name. He said he will sign title over to me if I refinance, but I can't do that because I have not been able to find a job yet and I only make $1,000 a month. I need alimony, would like a share of the house he bought and would like to be compensated for my move to PA and back to NC as he paid nothing for those moves.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Anything that was purchased during the marriage is a marital asset and any debt incurred is a marital debt. You can get an equitable share of the assets but you must take an equitable share of the debt relating to any assets. You can get spousal supoprt/alimony but not for life since your marriage was so short. You can counter sue for divorce on the grounds of adultery if you can prove it. You really need to hire an Attorney in PA to answer his divorce petition and seek an equitable division of your marital property.
legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions