How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does the mother have the right to move her 2 kids to another

This answer was rated:

Does the mother have the right to move her 2 kids to another city while still married to their father in one city without notice?
If there is no court order preventing the mother from doing this, she can. A parent has uninhibited rights to take his/her child wherever the parent wants to.

However, the other parent could file a petition for a court order to force the parent to return the child, and if this happens, she would have to comply.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What actions need to be made to get a court order
A motion for injunctive relief would have to be filed to get a court ordering the mother to return.
Roger and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you