Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

MY FRIEND IS RECENTLY DIVORCED AND IS GOING THROUGH PROPERTY

MY FRIEND IS RECENTLY DIVORCED AND IS GOING THROUGH PROPERTY DIVISION IN THE STATE OF DELAWARE, HIS EX-WIFE FAILED TO DISCLOSE ALL HER BANK ACCOUNTS, STOCKS, BONDS, DIVIDENDS, PENSIONS, SEVERENCE PAY ETC., ON THE STATE'S FINANCIAL FORM 16C, AFTER FILING PAPERWORK TO PUT HER IN CONTEMP OF COURT FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW JUDGES RULING FOR HER TO GIVE HUSBAND ALL BANK ACCOUNT AND FINANCIAL INFO BY A CERTAIN DATE, SHE DID NOT AND APPEARED WITH THE PAPERWORK IN COURT ON THE DAY OF THE PROPERTY DIVISION HEARING. THE HUSBAND HAS ASKED FOR 100% OF ALL ASSETS THAT SHE FAILED TO REVEAL INCLUDING THE PROCEEDS FROM THE HOME THAT SHE PURCHASED WHEN THEY WERE MARRIED AND SHE FAILED TO TELL HIM SHE PURCHASED IT AND LEAD HIM TO BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE ONLY RENTING IT TO OWN. HER LAWYER IS ASKING THE COURT TO BLOCK ANY FUTURE MOTIONS THAT HUSBAND CAN PUT INTO THE COURT STATING THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT THEM IN BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE THE INFO, LAWYER ALSO PUT IN PROTECTIVE ORDER BUT NEVER SAID WHAT IT WAS FOR
This is unfortunately what happens when a party is trying to represent themselves in these matters against a party that is represented. The court, being aware that none of these documents were provided as ordered should deny the attorney's motion to prevent future motions on this since your friend has a right to the information and to force her to comply through the court. As far as the protective order, that should only be to prohibit his release of the information to any third party, since he would be entitled to that information as a spouse seeking his share of the marital property. At this point your friend really needs to consider getting a lawyer involved to object to the motions and force the court to compel the ex to comply with the court orders.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”