Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Ive Sole legal custody/ primary custody of my minor child.

Customer Question
I've Sole legal custody/ primary...
I've Sole legal custody/ primary custody of my minor child. My son school have all the supporting document on file along with a copy of the special power of attorney for my current wife. My son school allow my ex-wife with no custody right, to withdraw my son out of school over the telephone and enroll him in another school in different City without acknowledge any of the support documentation or informing me are my current wife who has a special power of attorney. ? What are my legal right
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
9/1/2009
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
You have the right to sue the school for negligence and for interferring with child custody and a court order. You need to notify the school and principal immediately Additionally, if your wife actually took the child you would file charges against her for parental kidnapping and also file a motion for contempt of court against her.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer