How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to change me sons last mane to mine. His mother and

Resolved Question:

i want to change me sons last mane to mine. His mother and i were married after he was born but he has her madien name.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

How old is your son? Does the mother consent? What state does he reside in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
4 years old birthday 6/14/05, yes his mother cansents, escambia county al. however he was born in baton rouge la.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

The State of Alabama does not publish standard forms for a name change of a minor. However, it is a simple process. You can go to a law library and copy the forms at no charge or purchase them on line. Here is one site: Name Change for a Minor - $34.95

Once you have the forms completed, bring them to the clerk of the court's office in the county where the child lives. The clerk can assist you with the filing.

Best wishes.
Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you