How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1. I have primary physical and legal custody of my son which

Resolved Question:

1. I have primary physical and legal custody of my son which was granted by the state of Maryland. I'm now living in Florida. I'm a civilian contractor working in Iraq. I gave my current wife special power of attorney to act in the best interest of my son in my absences.? Did I commit any violation or Crime.
2. My court order read Sole legal custody/ primary custody. What's the difference between Sole primary custody and primary custody.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, I will be glad to help you with your question


1. No, you will not have committed any crime in giving your wife a Power of Attorney to act in your absence and do all things necessary and required for the best interests and welfare of your child;


2. The US Constitution provides that each state must give "Full Faith and Credit" to the Judgments and Court Orders of a sister state; therefore, the Maryland Order must be recognized and enforced by the state of Florida, granting you custody and the facts on which it was based, thereby barring your the child's mother from going to Florida and contesting it in your absence.


3. A. Sole legal custody gives you the right to make all decisions affecting your son such as medical treatment, educational decisions and similar major issues, without consullting with or asking the consent of your child's mother;


B. Primary physical custody means you have physical custody of your son and his mother has only visitation rights, distinguished from partial physical custody which means that the other parent would have physical custody some of the time, and joint physical custody , which means that both parents have equal custody time, i.e., where child spends one week with one parent and one week with the other parent.




Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my work. The thread will not close and you may ask follow-p questions if you like.

Making a deposit does not constitute an acceptance of my answer; unless you press the ACCEPT button.


If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me. You can do so by putting my name at the beginning of your question.



Leaving positive feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated. ________________________________________________________________________________


Thank you and Good Luck!



Member, NY & PA Bar

ANDREA, and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you