How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live with my girlfriend in Los Angeles California and she

Resolved Question:

I live with my girlfriend in Los Angeles California and she is currently going through court on a custody issue with her Daughters father. He brought the action as a result in my opinion new girlfriend now wife who seems to be a little insecure. They participated in mediation and were able to get an order out of the court that most likely will be signed by her although he may be unwilling to sign because he is being stubborn on one item. The judge ordered them to communicate through a program called the wizard so he can observe how they are communicating. It is now becoming apparent that the new wife seems to be responding to her regarding their daughter and being petty by calling out spellings errors and the like. When my girlfriend called his attorney because she represents herself to discuss some matters his atttornies secretary slipped and said we have been talking to her and then abrubtly changed when my girlfriend brought it to her attention. At this point what can be done?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
<p>She can file a motion for contempt, charging that the new wife, and not the father, is actually communicating through this medium. </p><p> </p><p>The judge could do anything from warn, fine to jailing the father for failing to comply with the court's order. </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will this contempt motion be viewed by the court as petty? What type of evidence do we need to support claim? Can we subpoena Lawyer and or have senders ip address confirmed?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
<p>I don't think the court will think this is petty. The judge ordered that this be done to help the situation and the father has ignored it; the new wife is abusing it and actually causing more tension. </p><p> </p><p>The entries on the site, the testimony from the secretary/attorney and anything else you can come up with to show their abuse/neglect. </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do appreciate advice and will accept but I was also looking for answer on what type of evidence can she base her motion for contempt?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The evidence would be the entries made to the site (print them out) and the subpoena to the secretary/attorney for testimoney regarding what she was told over the phone.
Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions