How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What if I cant find my soon to be ex-husband I dont know

Customer Question

What if I can't find my soon to be ex-husband? I don't know where he to get him to agree on and sign papers. I also don't have much money.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.
<p>DearCustomer- You can have him served by publication through the clerk of courts. He doesn't have to sign the papers and you can get what is called a non contested divorce. You would file your complaint and request service by publication. the notice will appear in the court's official paper for several weeks and then you will be deemed to have service.</p><p> </p><p>The court will set the matter for an uncontested hearing and grant you a divorce by default. You don't have to locate your husband to get divorced.</p><p> </p><p>Dave Kennett</p>