How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to deny an answer to an interrogatory question as it

Resolved Question:

I want to deny an answer to an interrogatory question as it pertains to expenses of my stepchildren, their education, my wife's education, etc..all of which have nothing to do with my income/expenses in relation to a case for me to modify child support
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.


You do not have to deny an answer. If you prefer not to answer, you can state that the interrogatory is overly broad, unduly combersome, confidential, not inclined to lead to discoverable evidence. The opposition would then have to file a motion to compel your answer and the court would have to order you to answer if there is a reasonable basis for doing so.


Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX



Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: Sometimes we receive your question before we receive your additional "optional information". If my response does not appear to consider your optional information, please let me know as I was probably not able to view it when your question was first received.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How should my response read to "Please state your where your step children attend school, their tuition, and who pays for the tuition?" This an example of many. thank you
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.
Are you referring to a form from a court, school?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My ex wife's attorney has sent me two documents requesting answers to these types of questions. One is "Defendant's Request for Production of Documents" and the second is "Defendant's First Set of Interrogatories". Some questions are asking for information about my income/expenses/etc...but some are asking about my wife and her children that have nothing to do with my motion to modify child support to my ex wife.
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.

Answering regarding your wife and children, that the information or documents requested are not inclined to lead to discoverable evidence. The opposition will then be forced to file a motion to compel and convince the court that these are discoverable issues.



Tina and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you