How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need a copy of my child support order. I have requested it

This answer was rated:

i need a copy of my child support order. I have requested it thru the dept of child support website and they keep telling me they working on it. Its been feb i have asking. how do i get a copy of my order?



Was this a court order? If so, do you remember the court that entered the order?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No the welfare system helped me at that time. But once the assistance stopped I kept the case open. Money is accuring on my account for which he owes so I know the order is still valid.



So to clarify, you are saying that the "order" was through the Dept. of Child Support in CA (LA County), NOT through the court?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

yes I guess. I am trying to get my cases transfered since I no longer live in california.



Okay, well usually, an order for child support is entered in a family court by a judge. The court would have a copy of your order. If you would like to give me your name, I can try to look it up for you. If not, you can try calling the family court in LA to ask if there is an order entered there for you. If there truly is no order--and this was just plan that the Dept. of Child Services came up with for you, then perhaps a call to them from an attorney might help speed things up. I am not sure of your financial situation, but if you cannot afford a private attorney in your area, then you should look into legal aid. Legal aid offers attorneys at free or very reduced rates to people who cannot afford them.

LADY LAWYER and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Noel Springer

I like the name Noel. Give me a few minutes to search for you to see if I come up with anything. Thanks.



Is this the agency you were working with? If so, you do have a court order and I can request it for you, but not without your social security number. I don't want you to post that here, if you want me to call them and request it for you. You can send the info to [email protected] and put FOR LADY LAWYER in the subject line, if you would like. If you have your case number, you can try to look it up that way here: Los Angeles Superior Court - Family Law Otherwise, you will need to get an attorney in your area to call on your behalf. These agencies do nothing unless an attorney is involved, I wish it was not that way.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your time. But it leads me right back to where I started. Thanks anyways.
I have spent a lot of time with you on this. And I do believe I have answered your original question, which was how you could get a copy of your order. So if you don't want any further help with this, I would ask that you accept my answer at this time. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Don't get me wrong. You did help me but I was searching the links you provided. I am sorry I did not accept right away. This is my first time using your services. Kinda got lost in searching the links. Thanks again.

Oh, no problem. You would just be amazed at the people who either don't like an answer or disagree with the law who hold the expert personally accountable. It can be frustrating. Like I said, if you want me to call, I can. I can get it expedited for you. It should not be taking this long--all they have to do is make a copy and send it to you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have a limited income so how much would that cost me? Thanks for offering. Very nice of you.

I was going to do it for the cost of what you paid for this question! :)