How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41003
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son and i moved to utah february, 09 and his father and

Customer Question

my son and i moved to utah february, 09 and his father and i came before a judge and he told us to work out the papers and send them back. well papers were doctored up and because it included child support, the father is refusing to sign. we have been here 10 days shy of 6 months. do i contact the judge in nevada, where this all first started or do i file another motion here in utah? our son was with me for the first 5 years of his life, and was with his father for 3 years, and now back with me. he says he wants to file for his child support from me, which we never had papers stating i would pay. i told him that's fine but he makes more money than me. another child support order he has is for 580. but he has recently quit his job. will the judge take in account his other order for his child support or his unemployment
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I woudl contact Utah child supprot here and they will work the case from Utah. If the father won't pay they will go to court with you in Nevada. They try to work this in Utah informally by contacting him.

Otherwise they have to return to court in Nevada and you will have to attend as well. The father here has to pay and the cotu will order him to do so if necessary and order withholding from his wages. I wish you good luck here
RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have contacted utah child support already and they have opened a case. should i contact the family court in nevada to get a mediation resheduled or just let the judge decide?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Yes Nevada for mediation of custody issues only. The Utah folks should deal with child support..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a question wasn't answered in the first question. will the judge take in account his other child support order (for another child) or his unemployment
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Child support is based on number of dependents and income--so yes they are factors here in computing child support..

Related Family Law Questions