How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis Staropoli Your Own Question
Curtis Staropoli
Curtis Staropoli, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  17 years experience in the general practice of law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Curtis Staropoli is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have Wyomings sexual consent laws changed since 1985 If a

Resolved Question:

Have Wyoming's sexual consent laws changed since 1985? If a man over 18 kissed, fondled or was fondled by his 14 year old babysitter prior to 1985 & she did not file sexual assault then, is there a statute of limitations? More than 20 years later, Can law enforcement file on her behalf if she is not wanting to file?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Curtis Staropoli replied 8 years ago.
I can tell you without even checking that --- even on the .00001% chance that Wyoming lowered its age of consent to 14 some time after your incident occurred -- it would be unlikely that the change would apply to your incident if, let's say, the age was 16 when your incident occurred.

The are no statute of limitations periods on criminal prosecution in Wyoming, however, this would be a very tough thing to prosecute spme 20 years later and unless there was strong pressure from the victim or the public over it, I cannot see why any prosecutor would pursue it now.

I hope that this was helpful to you. If it was please remember to click "ACCEPT" on your screen to make sure that I am paid for my efforts. By clicking ACCEPT you are not giving up your right to ask more questions on this issue, and I will be happy to respond to these as well.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Please read the additional information I have added to "Already Tried". Also, am I correct in understanding that if the minor is over a certain age & the 18 year old is less than 4 years older than the minor it can not be second degree? The laws are very "loopy" when I have read them. Where do I accept so I can pay?
Expert:  Curtis Staropoli replied 8 years ago.
I'ms sorry I missed the additonal information, but I will say that they are not going to have the easiest of times with that kind of complaining witness as their only proof.

To accept, I think you click the green "accept" button.........thanks
Curtis Staropoli and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Can it be requested to change to another county based on prejudice within the county (change of venue).based on a prior case were a confession was forced, later the actual criminal was found and the record was to be, but never was removed?