How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to put restrictions on the boyfriend of my sons

Customer Question

Is it possible to put restrictions on the boyfriend of my sons mother? As in can it be made to where he cant be around my past like 7 or 8 at night?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for bringing your question to Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

In order to answer your question, I need more information. The form I have in front of me does not have that information right now. Sometimes there is a delay between a customer's entering information and our ability to view it. Therefore, if you have already provided this information, please accept my apology for a duplicate request.

It would be helpful to know:

1) What is your STATE and COUNTRY?

2) What reason do you not want him around your son?

3) Can you give me a bit more information about the situation?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The main reason is because his mother gets really rude when he is around. She wont talk to me and just makes everything difficult. Im at work half the year, 4 days on 4 days off, and i just dont think its fair to have my son going to bed around another guy twice as much as he dose me. I live in Texas.
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Thank you,Customer

I am going to have to leave for the evening, so I will have to opt out and let another expert assist you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed Texas attorney with family law litigation experience. I will be glad to try and assist you seeing another legal expert has chosen to opt out. To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:


  1. Are there any custody orders currently in place (if so, what do they provide)?


Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There are. They are the orders we got when he was born. I have the supervised visitations first, third, and fifth saturday for the first year. Same visitations the second year just on saturdays and sundays. Then by the time he was three i was supposed to have him every other weekend. I work 4 days on and 4 days off so im sure i can get the visitations changed. I just want to be able to keep my son away from her boyfriend at night. I think its unfair to me to have my son fall asleep with another guy twice as much as he dose with me. I just want to see if i can get any restrictions?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.


  1. I am a licensed Texas attorney with family law litigation experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question seeing another legal expert has chosen to opt out. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. Thank you for taking the time to write back and supply the additional requested information, which was helpful to my analysis of your inquiry. I would be glad to interact with you further if needed after you click "Accept" to process my answer.
  2. Yes, such conditions can be ordered by the Court. In fact, this is a very frequent occurrence in Texas jurisprudence. The Court enjoys broad discretionary powers when it comes to such matters. The general statement of public policy grounds and primary concern for the health, safety and welfare of the child is codified in Texas Family Code § 153.001 and elsewhere. Until the child attains the age of majority, the Court retains continuing and exclusive jurisdiction to make modifications as necessary, including conditions and restrictions such as you have proposed. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the overriding legal standard is what would be "in the best interest of the child".


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.