How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41494
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im still married to my spouse and weve been married for 10

Customer Question

I'm still married to my spouse and we've been married for 10 years and 8months. He decided that he did not want to be married. We have a daughter. I've found out that he is in another relationship in another state and has been during the time we were going to move to another duty location with him. He has not sent support regularly for our daughter. Also, he refuses to give me his new duty location and status. I request an end to this deception and simply want the legal rights and support for my daughter and the debt that was left. I also believe that he has a child with this woman. I've spoken to legal and my spouse keeps avoiding me and refuses to cooperate as well as received messages from the other woman. I want him to pay for the divorce and do what is right.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You seriously need to consider obtaining a lawyer to file for fault based divorce. You are the innocent spouse here and the court may award you both spousal and child support. You also have rights to your share of his retirement in the matter. Your lawyer will force him to disclose his duty station and financial information.

Certainly you as the innocent spouse here will be given a fair resolution and suppot to allow you to restart your life again. You have my sympathy here because you have been through a lot. Just take it one day at a time. I wish you good luck in resolving all of this..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your help! I have an appointment tomorrow! Now I will know what to you request and will except no less. Since this posting, the other woman boldly told me that he is there, what he did and that she has two children. I found out that they were in Texas while he was stationed there and they are now living together in Las Vegas. She was married when they were together and is now divorced. I was belittled by her and lied on by him in regards XXXXX XXXXX living in two states. I know that you will not need this information but I thank you for your concern. The person I married lied on me and is not the person that he portrayed to be. When I was talking to the other woman, he was trying to protect her and stated that she did not want to talk to me. Further, I found out that he has been visiting his home state with her and her two children and has now visited his daughter since the move in 2007. He told me that he wanted me to stay and finish school and to see if his duty location was temporary. Nevertheless it was a set up for his new venture with another woman. Thank you and I simply will pray for my daughter and the adjustment. I accept the payment of $13.00 it was worth it!
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
I wish you good luck and sympathy for all you have been through..

Related Family Law Questions