Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my 5yr old son called the police cuz i was sleeping down stairs

Customer Question
and he said he could...
my 5yr old son called the police cuz i was sleeping down stairs and he said he could not wake me up,but he did and i told him to go back to bed i would be up in a minute but i feel back to sleep,so he called 911 they took me to the hospital asked if anyone could watch the kids so i called my sistr-in-law who lives up the street from me and they would not leave them with her they took my kids to foster care the police report was totaly wrong my house is not spotless but it was nothing like what they wrote.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/1/2009
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks for your question/ Take a deep breath here. Clean up the house and stay in contact with protective services. They have to have a hearing here within ten days or so and may well return the kids if the house is clean here. Also you shoudl be able to visit with them here.

Likely they agree to return them at the hearing if you have made progress here. They may keep an open case to require you to take parenting or some other conditions here. Just do what they ask and they have to return the kids.

Sorry for the hassle but it happens. We all aren't perfect and things happen. You can clean the house here and work with them to get your kids back and your life to normal.You may also testify at the hearing here and tell the judge your side of all of this. I wish you the best here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

my house was clean my sister-in-law came to watch them whlie i got checked out at the hospital and the took them anyway.
Well you can certainly dispute this at teh hearing on custody here. There would be a hearing within 10 days or so here on the merits to allow you to dispute here. You may also want to consider a lawyer to assist you to present your side of the matter.
THE THING IS THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER TOOK THEM IF MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE AMD HERE ON TIME,HE WAS HERE IN 40 MINUTES AND CONSIDERING 94 IS CLOSED THATS DAMN FAST,BUT Y COULD'T THEY LEAVE THEM WITH MY SIS TER-IN-LAW TIL HE GOT HERE THAT'S WHATS IS PISSEING ME OFF IS IT BECAUSE SHE'S MEXICAN AND CAN;T SPEAK THE ENGHLISH GOOD ENOUGH I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THERE PROBLEM IS THEY WERE EVEN YELLING ON THE FONE TO MY HUSBAND,
I can't tell you why they did this. It was probably easier for them even though more hassle for you. They are always looking for their easy way out here. You can certainly contest here and seek your kids back..

HOW DO I GO BOUT DOING THAT IT'S SONDAY

They will set a hearing on the matter soon if they don't agree to voluntarily return here and they might. They will notice you of the hearing such that you can obtain a lawyer. There is a real good chance they return the kids here next week voluntarily here so don't give up..
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer