How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION I have received a pre-review

Resolved Question:


I have received a pre-review notice in the mail, I have been asked to surrender all my financial information within 10 business days or they will review my order based on other sources.

I am in CT, am I am tired of my greedy ex trying to live off of me.

1. The form is not ordered by the court

But my question is by law how much can they raise my order if I don't show up?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Refusing to appear, or to cooperate, in the support modification process can be calamitous for you. You have no idea what "evidence" might be submitted. If you are not there to defend against it, the sky's the limit.

For example, if your ex tells the court that you told her that you now earn $15,000 per month, and the judge goes--"Wow that great for you!-- and awards support of $3,000 a month, you may be stuck a long time before you can get a court to listen to your petition for modification.

I empathize with you, greedy ex's can be a bad dream. However, refusing to come to the table with your defense may lead to a nightmare. Play the game the best you can. But don't give up and allow your ex to win by default.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you