How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

before i start my divorce if i sign over my parental rights

Resolved Question:

before i start my divorce if i sign over my parental rights to my mother in which my son lives with does she have the same chance of winning full custody as i would over the father
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
No. If you sign over your parental rights to the child, the other biological parent will likely be awarded full custody unless it is shown that the other parent is a danger or unfit to care for the child.

Roger and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions