How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13546
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I and my two boys have been thru a nite mare with the child

Resolved Question:

I and my two boys have been thru a nite mare with the child custody court in Adams county Pa. This has been going on for over 4 years and I have recently learned the the judge is close friends with my ex family. It is crazy to think that this can go on in america today. When I tell you this keep in mind that these are very good boys and HAVE NEVER been in any trouble outside of trying to adapt to my ex-wifes abuse. My youngest has been arrested twice, he just turned 13. He was hand cuffed and placed in the back of the police car by a state trooper who told him " your going to go to jail with black guys... he was 9, the second time was when she told him the if he touched her in anyway he was going to jail. so he touched her arm. got arrested and was told in the court he had to represent himself I could not help him. He has been to the emergency room 3 times. The judge ordered a professional psychologist whom testified and the judge went against him. there is just way too much to cover.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.




Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Also, it is important to know that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.


That being said, if you would like me to work on an answer for you, and in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me:


1. I see your post but I don't see an ending question for legal information? Can you repost your missing question?



I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there!




S. Joy, Legal Expert


Please note: I do not provide legal advice, only legal information; I do notlegally represent any JA members, visitors or customers. We do not and will not enjoy an attorney/client relationship. Further communication with me here is an acceptance of this and any information provided by me is with the understanding that you comprehend this and agree.


A times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear. On Saturday, there will be greater gaps in time due to scheduling, for any needed follow up, but rest assured, by day's end it will be done.




Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'd first like to know if this judge should even be hearing this case, knowing that he is an acquaintance of her family. Secondly, how do I prove he manipulated the courtroom and system to her advantage. Lastly, does he have any right to refuse me a trial in the courtroom.
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.



Forgive me, I am not yet clear on what the specific request is right now that you have of the court system (and I agree with you, if is often not a place of justice), are you trying to change custody of your youngest son?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know full custody of my son cannot be obtained through this current court. My question is what I need to do legally to have this judge held accountable for his actions.
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.



Legally, I believe you would have to file that judicial complaint you were talking about, that everyone said could 'make things worse.' Had previously screwed parents done so, this terrible judge would possibly not be on the bench any longer. The judge will be ticked off. Big deal. Is there much more he can do to you? Your youngest is almost 18, yes? And then he can live with you 100% of the time. I know the waiting stinks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.


I would first order ALL transcripts of all hearings you have had with him. You need to prove his inappropriate statements and an unsupported rulings. To make a charge with nothing to back it up, as you know, will be fruitless. I would ask the court what you need to do to order these transcripts. Usually we order them when we appeal a ruling, but since you may not be appealing, you need to request them differently, but the clerk should be able to guide you on that. I would definitely NOT tell the clerk what you need them for - say you are considering appealing or some other strategy. They will also likely charge you for these transcripts.


You can also file a Motion to have the Judge Recuse himself - the joke with that is, you generally have to make that request to the Judge himself. But the point of that is, once he denies you, which he will most likely, you can then appeal that if you want. Be sure to get your proofs of his close friendship with your ex or her familiy



If you haven't already done so, please go here.


And here:


I am appalled at the number of times I hear credible stories of judicial misconduct. I know my personal experience in NJ divorce courts left me with a bitter taste in my mouth as well. I wish there were more that could be done. People who are the victims need to make these judicial complaints, that is really the only way I can see.




Hope this helps to clarify.


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. Doing so ensures I will be willing to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterward clicking ACCEPT, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks





S. Joy, Legal Expert



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

AlexiaEsq. and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you