How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41574
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I need to do to get the court to award joint managing

Resolved Question:

What do I need to do to get the court to award joint managing conservatorship between me and DFPS?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You need to go to the county law library and copy the forms you need. The Texas Family Practive Manual has all the forms, checklists , and law you need to do this yourself. It is the "bible" of forms that Texas lawyers use here.

Just take some quarters to copy the portions you need here. All counties in Texas have a county law library in the courthouse area. Here is a picture of what you are looking for. If there are existing orders then it would be a motion to modify custody you are looking for.The stuff on the internet for Texas is junk so you have to get them here..
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What happens when I accept this? Will there be more charges than $28.00?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I would like to subpoena a DFPS caseworker that is leaving the department on August 3, 2009. She has been his caseworker for the past year and knows of several things that have been done that have been a bit underhanded. Is the subpoena also in the Family Practice Manual?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Yes it is. You will find this worth reading as well as copying what you need. You will need to modify the motion a bit to include TDPRS and your ex here if she still has parental rights she is a party and must be noticed as well. But there are great checklists in her to guide you through the process of modification.

Texas lawyers use it who don't paratice Family Law a lot because it is well writen and reliable. The judges recognize the forms and this will give you credibility here. There are other places here that would have it--all the college law libraries in Dallas as well.