How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37790
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a mothers rights were terminated in the state of Washington

Resolved Question:

If a mothers rights were terminated in the state of Washington 8 years ago can she allow her 16 year old son to come live her?

There is a no contact order until he is 18 years of age for both parties but he keeps insisting on communication with her and is contemplated living with her.

Should she continue communication with him as well?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.

Good morning,


I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.


The no contact order is a court order, and should you choose to ignore it, you could be found in contempt and jailed. The no-contact order is not directed against your children--only you. Speaking with them is risky, but thinking of allowing your son to come live with you, you are asking for legal trouble.


I'm afraid that while it may be difficult, you should concentrate on waiting until each of your children is 18 to have contact with them


I wish you well.



Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.


Best regards,



LawTalk and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions