How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber E. Your Own Question
Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1482
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Amber E. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can Dcf legally take ur child because u left an abustive boyfriend

Resolved Question:

Can Dcf legally take ur child because u left an abustive boyfriend and move in with a friend u meet off the internet?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Amber E. replied 8 years ago.
No. A child can only be removed from a parent's home if there is reason to believe that the child is being or is at risk of being abused or neglected, and there is no other option to protect the child at that time. Even in cases where there may be a problem in the home, there is the option of leaving the child in the home and referring the parent(s) to education, training, and counseling classes. For more information, click HERE.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If they cant why did they?
Expert:  Amber E. replied 8 years ago.
If they took the child, then it is not just "because" she left one boyfriend or one home for another; it is because there is some reason for them to believe that the child is at risk. There may be more to the story that you are not aware of. If your mother used to work for the agency and has a particular view, she may be right. It may be "judgmental" on her part (or the agent's), but they err on the side of caution - their only consideration is the child's welfare, not what the parents want or think is fair. You should tell your friend to contact a defense attorney immediately; either that, or cooperate to the best of her ability.
Amber E. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thank u stay on line I have another Question for u
Expert:  Amber E. replied 8 years ago.
ok, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!