How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to enter a motion to change venue for my child

Resolved Question:

I would like to enter a motion to change venue for my child support case. I moved from Isanti Co. Minnesota to St.Louis Co. Minnesota 2 years ago. I'm having difficulty obtaining an acceptable MN court form to accomplish this. Am I able to pursue this myself without hiring an attorney?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 8 years ago.
<p>You can absolutely pursue this matter on your own, without the assistance of an attorney, if you so desire.</p><p> </p><p>Having said, I always recommend that one seek the counsel of a seasoned family law attorney for cases involving children. There is surely nothing more important to you than your children. A good attorney can be an invaluable asset in guiding you through the system and protecting your rights.</p><p> </p><p>As to the motion, don't get too hung up on formalities. If you're representing yourself, the judge will surely understand that and not hold you to some high standard. Simply detail what has happened as far as the move and explain why the case would be more appropriate in your new county. Additionally, your local courthouse may have template forms available, either at the clerk of courts office or in the law library.</p><p> </p><p>I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click the green ACCEPT button so that I may receive credit for my response. Your question will not close and you will be permitted to follow up, if necessary. A positive response and/or bonuses are not necessary but greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!</p>
Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you